Townsville City Council ESC Field Day
Registrations are now open for the inaugural Townsville City Council Erosion and Sediment Control Field Day, to be held on the 27th of May, 2021. Meet the experts and take advantage of this unique opportunity to upskill for FREE! Townsville City Council will provide all exhibitors with a 3x3m marquee, table and chairs.
First 5 registrations will receive a complimentary jar testing kit!
Demonstrations are available through the Urban Stormwater and Erosion and Sediment Control Capacity Building program that is funded through the Queensland Government’s Investing in Our Environment for the Future Program and delivered by the Department of Environment and Science (DES).
Event Venue: Mt St John Wastewater Treatment Plant
Event Day: Thursday, May 27 2021
Event Time: 9am - 12pm
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Opening Address: 9am sharp
Demonstrations: From 9:30am
Treatment Plant Tour: 12:30pm (sign up at registration)
Demonstrations will be presented by accredited training providers to help you get up to speed with;
- Jar testing – Understand how to evaluate what coagulation/flocculation is required for untreated water samples
- High Efficiency Sediment Basins – Planning to meet State Planning Policy requirements, and the operation and use of HES basins
- The where, when and how of sediment fences
Providers of Goods and Services are invited to spruik their wares and take to the stage for a 15 min pitch to industry. Invitations are extended to;
- Soil scientists
- Laboratory staff
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Designers
- Providers of goods relating to drainage, erosion and sediment control
- Revegetation specialists
- Earthmoving specialists with a proven track record in best practice ESC
27th May 21
Venue TownsvilleBack to Events